Sunday 30 January 2011

Sketchbooks or Reflective Journals...or something else all together...

Initially my sketchbooks started out as reflective journals and were a space where I could reflect on the work I had created. It quickly became apparent that  these sketchbooks went beyond simple reflections and actually became an integral part of my work. I have always used sketchbooks within all of my work but slowly my sketchbooks have actually become my work. I feel they are spaces where I can be completely honest and document the mundane nature of everyday life. This is a recurrent feature in my work. I am interested in the ordinary becoming extraordinary and looking at everyday life in a different way.





My sketchbooks form the bulk of my work and I fill them in obsessively. I'm not sure whether sketchbooks is the right term for them as they are, in my eyes, completed pieces of work in their own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment