Sunday 13 February 2011

Knitting as art

I started knitting a number of years ago for fun. I did knit as a small child but mainly scarves for teddy bears and things of that nature. I like to think I'm slightly more ambitious now! I started knitting hats, scarves, mittens and socks and then moved on to clothes. I have well and truly been bitten by the knitting bug and saw the potential of using it within my art work.



Obviously there was the knitted swimming costume I created but I also designed these knitted lungs. I'd like to continue to use knitting within my work but I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure what form it will take or how it will fit in with the rest of my work. I like the idea of many knitted organs but also knitting the objects that I draw would be great. The only draw back with knitting is that it does take a long time! Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment