Tuesday 29 March 2011

Illustrations become more digital...

As always I've been enjoying my drawing but I felt like I wanted to continue to develop it in more of a digital manner. I played around with Photoshop in a similar way to how I ask my students to explore it and added colour to my work.

I feel like my drawings have started to become something else without losing their hand rendered, imperfect feel. I very much like the flat quality of the colour that you are able to apply when working digitally. This may be the next step in the evolution of my drawings. I now envisage some of them to be large scale and not the small drawings hidden away in my sketchbook. This is not somewhere I thought I would be!


I have even thought about combining images on the same canvas and subtracting any background that appears.  I am still happy with the idea of working with 'families' of objects and grouping things together. Eventually the combination of objects may be quite mixed, perhaps a form of self portrait that describes me through objects around me on a daily basis. This again constantly links back to my initial theme of documenting the world around me and looking for beauty in the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment