Tuesday 29 March 2011

Sketchbooks update...

I am happy to describe the bulk of my body of work as sketchbooks.
A little update...at the last count I had 11 sketchbooks each documenting life through my eyes. They are at varying stages but most of them are actually complete, each one containing different themes and sometimes working methods. They are not books to be developed from. They are my outpourings, to be closed again once read. Completing sketchbooks for me is a necessity. I see them all as final, completed pieces of work to be displayed in my exhibition space at the end of the course. Without them nothing else in my body of work would make sense. I'm not yet sure how they will be displayed but that'll become clear later down the line.
For now I shall just continue as I mean to go on...sketchbook 12 on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment