Tuesday 17 May 2011

Digital illustrations...part two

I enjoyed taking my illustrations in to Photoshop, removing elements and adding colour but I wanted to take the whole process further. As my interest was in the linear qualities of my drawings I thought it would be a good idea to take the work in to Illustrator and rework the lines over the top of my original drawing and take away all other elements in the image. Below are the results.




I like the way the drawings now have more of a diagrammatical feel and as they are all objects I own they feel quite like the beginnings of a self portrait, almost a recipe of ingredients for my life. I think I would like to take them further though and perhaps start to add colour and texture. I envisage lots of objects from my life suspended in negative space on an A1 or larger white page.
I think I'd better start drawing and documenting the hoardings of objects that make up my home and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment