Tuesday 10 January 2012

The addition of colour?...

I have been toying with the idea of adding colour to the digital illustrations. To be honest...I still am! Part of me wants very minimal colour or even black and white imagery but part of me also wants to use full colour. I'm not yet sure which one I will opt for so I'm going to play for a little longer until I feel happy with the decision I have made. I wonder if it would be possible to have some images in colour and others black and white? I like the idea of the pieces feeling a little incomplete so some illustrations may be more finished than others and may not feature in full on the page. I love the idea of the illustrations continuing over the edge of the page, as if they have been captured in a moment and are not quite in frame. (Is that the photographer in me talking?)
It still stands that negative space is very important to me so the placement of the objects will be considered and all three pieces may not contain the same amount of imagery. I should really be getting busy drawing with all these ideas in my head. The question of colour still remains unanswered for now but I shall continue until I have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment