Wednesday 11 January 2012

Sketchbook 14 update...

Before I leave you (only temporarily) I thought I'd give you a brief update on sketchbook 14 and where I'm up to. It is unusual for me to have found a new sketchbook to work in before I have finished the previous one. I'm itching to start working in the new one but I have such fondness and am so familiar with sketchbook 14 that I'm actually quite attached to it. I always get like this. I suppose people don't like change do they and my sketchbooks are almost like friends.



I feel very comfortable with the format I use. At no point do my sketchbooks feel forced. They are very natural outpourings of the rubbish that is going on in my head and make total sense to me. They have naturally developed and grown with me and so I feel like they are completely part of me. To let people actually look through them is a big deal to me. I am a private person and don't often let people in. Sharing my sketchbooks is frightening but that doesn't mean it's not worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment