Wednesday 11 January 2012

The curious case of E.V.B...

I am currently on the look out for an old display cabinet. I love the idea of displaying my sketchbooks and three dimensional work on shelves in some kind of cabinet, similar to the vintage 'cabinet of curiosities' idea. I'm trying to source a cabinet with a glass front similar to that of a museum. The objects inside are all aspects of my life. By putting them behind glass I'm still protecting them and myself slightly. On the opening of the exhibition I will be able to open the glass and people can look through the sketchbooks but I then have the option of closing it again afterwards. It's also very important to me that the cabinet is second hand and preferably has some age to it. I love antiques and vintage items and everything I surround myself with, including my house, fits in to these categories. I like the objects I collect to have had a previous life before I obtain them, therefore I feel that the display cabinet should also share these qualities.
I shall continue scouring the antique shops until I find a cabinet to contain 'The Curious Case of E.V.B.'

No comments:

Post a Comment